FROM THE PASTOR’S DESK
Meticulous bible readings in Concord, NC
Dear Broadus Church Family,
It is true that our lives have been turned upside-down by the pestilence the world is experiencing, but our God has allowed it. The question is, as Kenny (Greenway) preached and taught throughout nine services: How are you letting Him speak to you personally about it and about your relationship to Him?
As news about the pestilence (virus) spread more and more throughout the week Kenny was here, and more of our lives were affected by it, Kenny also said that some (people) need to have church taken out of their lives to prove to them the importance of His House. I thought that was fantastic!
Kenny also talked about how each of us reacts and responds during the tough times, the harsh times, the low times… To trouble, fear, lack of groceries, poor health… To limitations on travel, work and socializing. To the inability to bury your loved one because of government restrictions. Oh, it may not affect you today, but those times will come. Will it upset you then? Where will this end and when? Ask yourself: How long can you go without the House of God?
I will see you there!
I love you,
VERSE FOR THE MONTH:
My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH:
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
-FRANCIS OF ASSISI
PASTOR’S THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH:
(ALL PASTOR THOUGHTS ARE ORIGINAL)
There is no impossibility when we believe it's possible, especially when
He's with us and us with Him!
THOUGHTS TO PONDER!
- Is there a good time to tell your pet they're adopted?
- I don't have to. I don't want to. You can't make me. I'm retired!
- I have red hair, because God knew I needed a warning label.
- So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.
- I have a photographic memory, but it's never been developed.
- They're so good at sleeping, they can do it with their eyes closed.
- I just did a week's worth of cardio; I ran into a spider web.
- Statistically speaking, six out of seven dwarfs are not happy