FROM THE PASTOR’S DESK
Meticulous bible readings in Concord, NC
Dear Family of the Lord God at Broadus,
This is the month of Father’s Day, Vacation Bible School, end of school and the start of family vacations. (Parents, don’t pull your hair out quite yet!) As you go about these activities, don’t forget to exalt and glorify our lord God and His Son Jesus!
Remember, the church will still be open each day, and the services will not be altered. Knowing that, the bills will continue. Don’t stop tithing through the summer. Don’t stop giving because of vacations. Most churches struggle through the summer. Let us not be like most churches. Let us be different. Let be an example. Let us keep giving unto the Lord! I desire and want us to be different from the rest of the world. I know God wants that from us. Do you? Only you can make that happen and make it a reality. Hallelujah!
Fathers, remember the Word…Matthew 7:11, If ye then being evil (lost or in the flesh), know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in Heaven give good things to them that ask him? Be about that business, Dads! Luke the gospel writer said the same thing but in a different way. He said …. how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him. Do you have the Holy Spirit living in you, Dads? If not, you better ask for Him to come in!
Stay faithful to Him, His Word and His House! I will see you there!!
I love you,
Verse for the Month:
Ye Fathers, provoke not your children to wrath, but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the lord.
Thought for the Month:
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
~John F. Kennedy~
Pastor’s Thought for the Month:
The desire of fathers should be that we leave behind a legacy of holiness in our children!
Thoughts to Ponder!
- Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil; it has no point.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful; clutter weighs you down in so many ways.
- Whatever does not kill you makes you stronger!
- It’s never too late to be happy, but it’s up to you and no one else.
- When it comes to going after what you love, don’t take “no” for an answer.
- Don’t save stuff for a “special occasion.” Today is special!
- Over prepare, then go with the flow.
- Always choose life; every day, every way and on every occasion.